Last Updated: May 2008
2. Information We Collect
a. Personal Information
b. Other Information
- When you register with Your Moments, you provide us with certain Personal Information, such as you name, your email address, your telephone number, your address and any other information that you provide to us.
- When you use Your Moments, you may set up your personal profile, send messages, perform searches, and transmit information through various channels. We collect this information so that we can provide you the service. In some cases, we retain it so that, for instance, you can return to view prior messages you have sent.
- When you create a Moments Website you provide us with certain Personal Information about the person(s) you are creating the Website for. For example, with respect to a Memorial Moments, we also collect the name, location, date of birth and date of death of the deceased person.
- If you choose to use our invitation service to tell a friend about our Website, we will ask you for information needed to send the invitation, such as your friend's email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the Website. Your Moments does not store this information.
c. Children under the Age of 13
- Like most Websites, Your Moments also receives and records information on our server logs from your browser automatically and through the use of electronic tools such as cookies. A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user's computer tied to information about the user. We use session ID cookies to confirm that users are logged in. These cookies terminate once the user closes the browser. Our server logs automatically receive and record information from your browser (including, for example, your browser type, your IP address, and the page(s) you visit). This information is gathered for all Your Moments visitors and is not considered “Personal Information” because it cannot be used to uniquely identify a single person.
d. Children between the Ages of 13 and 18
Your Moments does not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register for Your Moments or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under age 13 may provide any Personal Information to or on Your Moments. In the event that we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com .
We recommend that minors over the age of 13 ask their parents for permission before sending any information about themselves to anyone over the Internet.
3. How We Use Your Information
Personal Information you specifically provide may be used to provide the services we offer, to process transactions and billing, for identification and authentication purposes, to communicate with you concerning transactions, security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of Your Moments, to do something you have asked us to do.
Your name or username, location and profile picture thumbnail will be available for other users to view when you post content on Your Moments.
Your Moments may send you service-related announcements from time to time through the general operation of the service. For instance, if a friend sends you a new message, you may receive an email alerting you to that fact. Generally, you may opt out of such emails in your privacy settings, though Your Moments reserves the right to send you notices about your account even if you opt out of all voluntary email notifications.
4. Sharing Your Information with Third Parties
When you use Your Moments, certain information you voluntarily post or share with third parties, such as Personal Information, comments, messages, photos, videos, or other information, will be shared with other users. All such sharing of information is done at your own risk. Please keep in mind that if you disclose Personal Information in your profile or when posting comments, messages, photos, videos, or other items, this information will become publicly available.
We do not provide contact information to third party marketers without your permission. We share your information with third parties only in limited circumstances where we believe such sharing is 1) reasonably necessary to offer the service, 2) legally required or, 3) permitted by you. For example:
We may provide information to service providers to help us bring you the services we offer. Specifically, we may use third parties to facilitate our business, such as to send out email updates about Your Moments, or to process payments for products or services. In connection with these offerings and business operations, our service providers may have access to your Personal Information for use for a limited time in connection with these business activities. Where we utilize third parties for the processing of any Personal Information, we implement reasonable contractual and technical protections limiting the use of that information to the Your Moments specified purposes.
We may be required to disclose user information pursuant to lawful requests, such as subpoenas or court orders, or in compliance with applicable laws. We do not reveal information until we have a good faith belief that an information request by law enforcement or private litigants meets applicable legal standards. Additionally, we may share account or other information when we believe it is necessary to comply with the law, to protect our interests or property, to prevent fraud or other illegal activity perpetrated through the Your Moments service or using the Your moments name, or to prevent imminent bodily harm. This may include sharing information with other companies, lawyers, agents or government agencies.
We let you choose to share information with marketers or e-commerce providers through on-Website offers.
Third Party Advertising
Changing or Removing Information
Access and control over most Personal Information on Your Moments is readily available through the profile editing tools. Your Moments users may modify or delete any of their profile information at any time by logging into their account. Information will be updated immediately. Individuals who wish to deactivate their Your Moments account may do so on the My Profile page. Removed information may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time but will not be generally available to members of Your Moments.
Your Moments takes appropriate precautions to protect our users' information. Your account information is located on a secured server behind a firewall. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number or your password), we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).. Because email is not recognized as secure communications, we request that you not send private information to us by email. If you have any questions about the security of Your Moments Web Website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Contacting Your Moments